Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Source: Fat-Free Holiday Recipes, Sandra Woodruff, R.D., 1995
Serving size: 2/3 cup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded nonfat or reduced-fat sharp
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli,
thawed and drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup fat-free egg substitute
- 1-3/4 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely ground fat-free cracker crumbs
1. Set aside 1/2 cup of the grated Cheddar cheese. Combine the rest of the cheese and all of the remaining ingredients except for the cracker crumbs in a large bowl, and stir to mix well.
2. Coat a 2-1/2 quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place the broccoli mixture in the dish, sprinkle with the cracker crumbs, and spread the reserved cheese over the top.
3. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Makes 12 (2/3 cup) servings.
Nutrient value per serving: 68 calories, 0.2 g fat, 3 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium