Chicken Vegetable Soup
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Source: Campbell's Consumer Food Center
Serving size: 5
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery (about 1 stalk)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) Campbell's® Healthy Request® ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
Add oil to 2-quart sauce pan. Over medium heat, cook carrots and celery with garlic powder until tender-crisp, stirring often.
Add broth and orzo. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook 15 minutes or until orzo is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add chicken and parsley; heat through, stirring occasionally.
* To cook cubed chicken: In a 1-quart saucepan, add 2 cups water and 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Cook 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Cube cooled chicken with a kitchen knife.
Nutritional information per serving: 125 calories, 5g fat, 323mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate, 22mg cholesterol