Orange Whipped Sweet Potatoes
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Serving size: 10 cups
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium to large)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light butter
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 3/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/8 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into ¾-inch chunks. Place the potatoes in a 4-quart pot and add water to barely cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
2. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add the remaining ingredients and mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Serve hot. Makes 10 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrient value per 1/2 cup serving: 159 calories, 2.1 g fat, 53 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrates