The Karen Yontz Women's Cardiac Awareness Center is a warm, welcoming, respectful and comfortable environment. Our uniquely designed space, located inside Aurora St Luke's Medical Center is a great place to grab a cup of tea, relax, and take advantage of an array of women's heart health resources.
Top photo: A welcoming environment in which women can browse literature and information and speak with our knowledgeable and friendly staff.
Bottom photo: A visual wall depicts the progression of women's heart disease since it became the #1 health threat for women in 1908.
Our knowledgeable and friendly staff includes a registered nurse, a registered dietitian and other health professionals who are available to provide information, answer questions and offer guidance on nutrition, fitness and other healthy lifestyle topics.
We also provide a wide range of outreach resources like blood pressure screenings and 'heart healthy' presentations for your community group or organization. Contact us to learn more.
Services, Resources and Support:
- Heart Health and General Wellness information and education
- Heart Health Risk Assessment
- Support group for women living with heart disease
- Lending library of books and videos to help lead a heart healthy
- Wide Variety of Community presentations free of charge
- Body Gem resting metabolic rate measurements to assist weight management and weight loss
- One on One nutrition education and counseling services with a registered dietician
- Heart healthy recipes and cooking classes
- Smoking cessation classes
- Blood pressure, cholesterol and glucose screenings
- Sign up for our monthly wellness newsletter to receive articles, recipe, and the latest news on women's heart disease
For more information about our services, please call 414-649-5767.
Visit the Karen Yontz Center, located in:
Aurora St Luke's Medical Center
2900 W. Oklahoma Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53215
Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Directions To The Center
To find our center when entering from Main Parking Structure, go through the Main Hospital Entrance and walk toward the Glass Elevator.
We are located on the second floor, halfway down the Galleria Hallway on the right.
Do you have a question about heart disease, its risk factors and/or treatment, The Karen Yontz Center services, or anything else related to heart health? Ask the expert.