Do you have metabolic syndrome?
If you have three or more of the following conditions, you should discuss
lifestyle changes or medications with your physician to lower your risk for
developing diabetes and heart disease
Do you have any of the conditions associated with metabolic syndrome?
- A pant size greater than 14?
- A waist measuring more than 35 inches?
- Blood pressure greater than 130/85?
- Cholesterol higher than 200?
- A body mass index greater than 24?
- Unhealthy eating habits?
- A sedentary lifestyle?
- A smoking habit?
Why should I worry about metabolic syndrome?
- It is associated with a higher risk for cardiac disease and premature
- Metabolic syndrome often runs in families
- Aggressive treatment reduces the risk of life threatening complications
- It can most often be prevented with exercise and weight loss
What can I do to prevent metabolic syndrome?
- Follow a diet low in fat and concentrated sweets
- Lose weight and maintain ideal body weight
- Exercise almost every day
- Quit smoking
- If you drink alcohol, do so in moderation
If you are interested in learning more about reducing your risk please call
414-649-5767 or 414-329-5605.