Move it, lose it
Burning an extra 100 calories a day means 10 fewer pounds on your frame in six
months. And you don’t have to be an athlete to do it. Each of the moves below
expends 100 calories.
- Two brisk 10 minute walks
- Climbing stairs for 10 minutes
- Dancing for 10 minutes
- Playing tag with your kids for 15 minutes
- Cleaning the house for 30 minutes
- Mowing the lawn for 20 minutes (no riding mowers allowed)
- Working in the yard or garden for 30 minutes
- Washing your car for 20 minutes
- Grocery shopping for 30 minutes.
Source: Cooking Light, July 2000, Su Reid