Learn to cook; Relish your life!
- 16 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in to strips
- 16 ounces broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas and red pepper mix
- 1 cup frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
In nonstick skillet, cook chicken 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet, set aside. Add to skillet: soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and spices. Bring to a simmer; add vegetables. Cook 5-7 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Add chicken and cook 2-3 minutes longer. In small container, combine cornstarch and water. Add to teriyaki mixture. Cook until sauce is thickened. Serve on instant brown rice.
Nutritional information per serving: 253 calories, 4.5g fat, 66mg cholesterol, 28g carbohydrate, 558mg sodium