Cranberry Wild Rice Stuffing
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Source: Fat-Free Holiday Recipes by Sandra Woodruff, RD, 1995
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped fine
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1. Combine all ingredients except for cranberry sauce in a large pot. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer without stirring for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the liquid has been absorbed. Remove pot from burner and set aside uncovered for 5 minutes.
2. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. Stir the cranberry sauce into the stuffing mix. Pour into casserole dish. Bake at 350° F, covered with foil, for 30 to 45 minutes. Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrient value per serving: 121 calories, 0.5 g fat, 140 mg sodium