Green Bean Casserole
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Source: Fat-Free Holiday Recipes, Sandra Woodruff, R.D., 1995
Serving size: 1/2 cup
- 30 ounces frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed low-fat cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin rings
- 4 tablespoons nonfat grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Italian bread crumbs
1. In a large bowl, combine green beans, soup, sour cream, and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Pour mixture into a large casserole dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Place onion rings on top of the bean mixture. Combine Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs in a small bowl; sprinkle mixture over the onions.
3. Bake at 350°F for 50 minutes. Serve hot. Makes 12 (1/2 cup) servings.
Nutrient value per serving: 51 calories, 0.6 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium