Fresh Green Beans with Dill Pesto
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Source: Create Your Plate Cookbook
Serving Size: 4
- 3/4 cup scallions -- chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley -- chopped
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill weed -- chopped
- 3 tablespoons cidar vinegar
- 1/4 walnuts -- coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil -- up to 3/4 C. as needed
- Salt and pepper -- to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans -- trimmed and cleaned
- Dill weed sprigs -- for garnish
In a food processor combine scallions, parsley, dill, vinegar, walnuts and 1/2 cup oil. Process until mixture is smooth, adding more oil as needed. Pesto should be smooth but with a slight coarse texture. Season with salt and pepper and set aside (pesto can be frozen).
Drop green beans into a large pot filled with boiling water. Cook until bright green and crisp tender, 5-6 minutes. Drain and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
Drain beans and pour just enough dill pesto on to coat them (you may have leftover pesto). Toss gently. Chill for several hours or overnight.
To serve: allow sitting on counter for 30 minutes prior to serving. Taste and adjust seasoning-add more pesto if needed. Pour onto serving platter and garnish with dill sprigs.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 295 Calories; 31g Fat (92.8% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 5mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 6 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.