Party Spinach Dip
Learn to cook; Relish your life!
Serving size: 4 tbsp.
- 2 cups fresh spinach or 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable Soup Mix
- 2 Tbsp. reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1-1/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 round loaf of rye, pumpernickel, or sourdough bread (optional)
- Whole grain crackers (Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Crunchmaster, etc…)
- Raw vegetables (carrot sticks, celery, jicama, bell pepper strips)
If using frozen spinach, thaw and squeeze out water. Combine all ingredients and chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours before serving. Serve in hollowed out loaf of bread. Use bread cubes for dipping or serve with whole grain crackers and raw vegetables. Makes 3-1/4 cups, 4 Tbsp. per serving.
Nutrient value per serving (dip only): 40 calories, 3 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 163 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber